Sunday, May 15, 2011

Who Me? The Gecko?

   Contrary to popular belief,  a gecko does not have a British accent, smile and save you money on car insurance. (Sorry Mom!)  Geckos come in various colors and patterns (i.e. green, blue, purple, black, and pink).  All of them have translucent like skin and eyes that can appear almost see through like.   Here in Belize, most geckos are albino colored,  with see through skin and clear eyes.   They communicate with a series of chips, almost a clicking like sound.

    Over my time here I have gotten so use to them in my room, chipping away at night, that I don't know what to do with a quiet room. I know that when I leave here, I'm going to sorely miss these little buggers on my wall at night.


One of little guys hanging out around the door. 




Madagascar Day Gecko 



No comments:

Post a Comment