Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is.....



There is an old saying, "home is where the heart is."  If this is the case then I'm in trouble since my "heart" is now in two places: Belize & Rialto, CA.  It really does seem like yesterday that I was sitting at my desk at work and saw the tweet from Rev. Tim Joiner looking for help in their christian school.  Now almost a year later I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't made this incredible trip to Central America. After almost 7 months I have gotten the privilege of visiting most of Belize, as well as parts of Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras.  I am truly grateful to have been a part of a team helping to reach out to this poor community.  Yes, most days are tiring but no more then some days in the States.  Yes, there have been times when  I craved something from the U.S. or wished away the bugs, dirt and heat.  But on a normal day you couldn't ask me to leave any earlier then my scheduled date.  

For those of you wondering my final day here will be June 10th.  I have less then 6 weeks left.....
Please don't ask me what I'm planning on doing next - I have no clue. LOL
 After this crazy adventure the sky is the limit. 

Africa. 

New York. 

Chicago. 

Antarctica. 

Who knows...... *smile* 

2 comments:

  1. Who knows...hopefully you will stay with us for a little while and then....we will share you with the Lord and the world again (begrudgingly at first but share nonetheless.) Glad you are heading our way soon. Love ya!!!! Thank you for giving of yourself to the work of God!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan Amber :)lol You'll be out of Rialto and in another country in no time ;) hahah jking. :)

    ReplyDelete