Saturday, October 16, 2010

Family Camp

Ever been camping?  Well I haven't. Not a big fan of the whole outdoor thing. My idea of camping is Motel 6.  I mean come on, who wants to go on vacation and actually have to make your own bed? That's the whole point of room service isn't it?  But like all good people I've been growing. Hotel's without room service that come fully equipped with your personnel selection of local bugs are nothing to me now.

Located just outside of the nation's capital I was blessed to spend several days on a beautiful campground.  The main church hosts a family camp each year held during the month of September. This is a time for all the churches here in Belize to gather, have church and spend time together. Camp speakers this year were Rev. Mark Copeland and Rev. Cardwell from the States. These amazing men of God spoke to our hearts each night.  Once again I was honored to be a part of the work of God here in Belize as I watched men and women, young teens and children worship God openly and with passion.  Our services often were simply just a time to worship, dance and allowing the presence of God to be entertained.   26 people were filled with the Holy Spirit during our three day conference.  Dios es Bueno!


The sanctuary at Family Camp. While we do have a covering, it's still out doors which means it gets VERY hot and the bugs are always present. 


Thankfully very clean and nice rooms located on the grounds. Each room did come with an A/C, while it cost extra it was completely worth it.  It was also the first time I had a hot shower since I had been in Belize. :)


Dinner time at family camp. Try feeding about 200 people breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's a job trust me. 


My roommates organized a game of football (known as soccer in the States). 





God moving amongst the people of Belize. 


Rev. Cardwell preaching the evening service.



Our singing group Rev. Joiner has nicknamed The 5 Gringa's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment