Friday, September 3, 2010

The Visitors

We had our first “guests,” sad to say they were very rude and completely unexpected. Thankfully I didn’t meet them but my roommate, Korena was there to greet them. Have you ever had unexpected guests before?  Worse yet these “guests” were very much unwelcome as well.  Let me say, visiting in the middle of the night and scaring someone isn’t nice. I mean, who likes to be woken from a dead sleep, by your “guests” running across your face and down your arms? Not me I can tell you that. Yet, our visitors did just that and didn’t even bat an eyelid. To make matters worse they then helped themselves to some of our food we had left out.  They liked banana's we found out, and were total slobs by leaving it half eaten.  
So out of fear they might stop by, we have now moved all the food downstairs into our old apartment. This means that any time we want a snack or to eat breakfast, we must get dressed before marching downstairs.  Part of me is seriously considering moving back downstairs until they need the room.  But the huge A/C and double bathroom is keeping me upstairs for now. The shower is also in on the conspiracy by teasing me with the semi-warm water it spurts out when I step under it’s somewhat inviting stream. I just have to remember not to touch the shower head, as I’ve heard it gives a mean shock.  Maybe if I bribe them with cheese they will go and leave us alone? 
I never have liked mice or rats before......
Wait! Did you think I was talking about people? :)

6 comments:

  1. You are one very brave girl...I wouldn't be able to move if one of those things touched me, much lest run over me in the dark.
    Love you and praying for you, Cindy Pierce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillarious! I couldn't do it... MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just across your blog and I must say, I am looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Belize!! We don't know you, but we love the Joiner family and we love hearing missionary stories!! A lot of the things you've said on here make me laugh b/c I can totally relate to them...Life in a foreign country can get very exciting!!
    Please tell the Joiners that the Wakefields said hi. :)
    God bless you :)

    ~Bethany Wakefield~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! I just love your writing. You really are gifted. I actually read it to my husband I enjoyed it so much. Thank you for sharing. I want to twitlonger this it's sooo good. You should though. DO IT! Everyone will get a kick out of it.

    Thank you for sharing. Take care, Suz;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! For a second there i actually thought u were talking about people hahaha I was like they must've been men! lol!... God Bless your soul Amber!... Your so amazing!

    ReplyDelete